Message from the Principal – Malin to Methody Walk

Please see below a message from Scott Naismith, Principal at Methodist College Belfast which we would be grateful if you would read and share.

Dear Former Pupil,

As the summer holidays start with suitably glorious weather, so my training for my 150 mile fundraising walk begins in earnest. The photos provide details of the walk and the Fair and I hope that you will come along and join in the celebrations on the 24th August. In order to make this as successful a fundraising event for the College as possible, I would like you to do three things for me.

First, support my fundraising efforts by clicking here to donate https://bit.ly/2N3bBey. It’s easy and it allows the College to claim gift aid on your donation. You can of course send a cheque made payable to the Methodist College Development Fund or make a cash donation.

Second, please share this with any Methody contacts that you have. The more people who know about the walk, the more donations we will receive, the more the students at the school and those who attend in the future will benefit. I will be contacting a range of media outlets from the Inishowen Independent to the BBC to publicise the event and generate interest (and donations).

Finally, please put a reminder in your calendar about the walk and the Fair.

Remember, ALL funds raised by the walk and the Fair will go towards the development of facilities for the pupils. McArthur Hall is a testimony to what we can achieve and School House will be an equally stunning facility when completed.

A number of parents have asked me how much I hope to raise. Our total fundraising target for the College is £5m, but that’s a longer walk. Following the theme of 150, I have set a minimum target of £15,000. However, my dream amount would be £150,000. I believe that is achievable, especially given the generosity of those who have donated so far. So please give what you can AND spread the word so that others can give as well.

Have an enjoyable summer and thank you for all of your help and support. Now, where did I put my boots….?

Scott Naismith
Principal

For Further information about the walk or the development projects, contact the Principal on:
Tel: 02890 205 202
E-mail: principal@methody.org
Development Projects: http://www.methody.org/Support-Us.aspx